BioInnovation Labs (BioLabs), established in 2009 and headquartered in Cambridge, MA, is the premier network of co-working spaces for life science startups. We are enabling innovation to make the world a better place through interaction with the smartest and most motivated people in the world. We are seeking a Project Manager, Operations to contribute to the development and execution of our business plan and long-term growth strategy. Through a rapidly growing network of global locations (currently 11 in US and 2 in Europe), our collaborative lab space model is uniquely designed for scientific entrepreneurs to test, develop, grow, and commercialize their game-changing ideas. Each location supports entrepreneurial scientists with premium, fully equipped, and supported laboratory and office spaces alongside unparalleled access to capital and industry partners.
Reporting to the VP Operations & Client Experience, the Project Manager, Operations at BioLabs, headquartered in Cambridge, MA, is an experienced leader responsible for planning, organizing, and delivering assigned operations and construction projects (with emphasis on launching and remodeling lab space), while ensuring consistency with BioLabs’ strategy, commitments, and goals. The successful candidate will lead, guide, and support projects within the organization which is focused on running cutting-edge co-working lab spaces designed to boost life science entrepreneurs to the next level. The Project Manager, Operations works in a matrixed environment to assist the operations leadership team explore ecosystems, design/launch new sites, train teams, establish/standardize processes across the network, meet KPIs, build new revenue models, and provide data analytics.
- Coordinate diverse project teams and work with both internal and external stakeholders to ensure expected delivery in a matrixed environment while being highly collaborative and inclusive.
- Develop and maintain detailed project plans and schedules, including objectives, execution, and success measurements. Track delivery of and create repositories for all project deliverables; project reports, dashboards and communications, lessons learned, best practices, etc.
- Execute and lead all phases of launch design and completion including initial programming, planning, feasibility, scope and concept development, detailed design, construction documentation, and construction administration (negotiate contracts, obtain permits and licenses).
- Establish and apply project management practices and principles. Provide leadership and direction in the development and implementation of industry best practices, project management systems, tools, and policies.
- Anticipate and respond to potential barriers and opportunities during project planning and execution that mitigate risk and increase success of projects. Lead resolution of significant issues and build cohesiveness across the operations team, demonstrating effective conflict resolution skills and leadership.
- Build briefing materials and executive summaries for internal business reviews and external engagements with partners, customers, press, and analysts.
- Analyze data from current operations/business activities and suggest project improvements.
- Evaluate tools and technology to improve our core business processes.
- 5+ years of relevant experience with advanced technology industry projects preferred such as R&D labs, medical devices, biotechnology, pharmaceutical, food & nutrition, and/or consumer products.
- Bachelor’s degree in science, project/construction management, or business discipline required. PMP certification preferred.
- Documented experience in life science and/or construction project, program and portfolio management. Knowledge of construction, engineering, and architecture principles ideal.
- Software proficiency and experience related to project management, CRMs, CAD, and Microsoft Office Suite (project, Visio, SharePoint).
- Ability to budget, schedule, negotiate, and control costs.
- High degree of familiarity with contract and subcontract documents, terms, and conditions.
- Able to manage shifting priorities to meet critical deadlines in a fast-paced and dynamic, growing environment, while providing clear direction to team members.
- Proven experience working and leading in a matrix environment.
- Attention to detail along with logical documentation/tracking abilities.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including a strong ability to influence cross-functional stakeholders in different parts of the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to organize, run, and guide working, peer, and user committees.
- Ability to work on multiple concurrent projects.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds and be able to stand for multiple hours at a time.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally.
Please note: BioLabs provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.