BioInnovation Labs (BioLabs), established in 2009 and headquartered in Cambridge, MA, is the premier network of co-working spaces for life science startups. We are enabling innovation to make the world a better place through interaction with the smartest and most motivated people in the world. We are seeking a Director of Strategic Partnerships to contribute to the development and execution of our business plan and long-term growth strategy. Through a rapidly growing network of global locations (currently 11 in the US and 2 in Europe), our collaborative lab space model is uniquely designed for scientific entrepreneurs to test, develop, grow, and commercialize their game-changing ideas. Each location supports entrepreneurial scientists with premium, fully equipped, and supported laboratory, and office spaces alongside unparalleled access to capital and industry.
The Director of Strategic Partnerships is a new leadership position that will play a key role in advancing BioLabs’ strategic priorities by identifying, engaging, and cultivating new partnership opportunities with industry and public sector leaders who possess a shared vision and passion for creating an ecosystem brings life-science companies to life.
Reporting to the Chief Business Officer, the Director of Strategic Partnerships will be a key relationship manager, driving the strategic planning, expansion, implementation, and evaluation of partnership programs. The Director will oversee a portfolio of international corporate and other partners that produce annual revenue for the company and strategic support for our customers. In addition, the role will cooperate with various internal stakeholders to develop and steward strategic partnerships to meet strategic and revenue goals.
- Cultivate relationships with thought leaders, partners, and other stakeholders from existing and new partners that will advance the shared priorities of the BioLabs ecosystem.
- Envision creative ways to partner with third parties and help shape the partnerships strategy. Identify partnership opportunities across various industries and sectors, performing quantitative and qualitative due diligence.
- Maintain and grow a robust pipeline of organizational investment or in-kind opportunities that support customers and priority issues of BioLabs.
- Set and meet annual partnership targets & revenue goals by securing local, national, and international partners.
- Manage partner relationships and prospect database and report to partners and BioLabs leadership.
- Oversee stewardship activities to ensure partners are well-informed, acknowledged in meaningful ways, and appreciated appropriately.
- Lead challenging and nuanced deal negotiations end-to-end, combining business, strategy, finance, marketing, and legal concepts.
- Collaborate across teams to standardize processes and contracts, drive results, and effectively manage projects and relationships.
- Work closely with Communications to communicate externally on partner successes and impact.
- Partner closely with Operations to design partnerships and assess their effectiveness in meeting stakeholder needs.
- 5-7 years of professional experience, ideally a blend of corporate sales and fundraising experience; experience in a service-oriented environment a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Scientific background, and an understanding of major players in pharmaceutical and instrument industries preferred.
- Acquaintance with corporations and government grants, knowledge of fundraising principles, and a documented ability to raise funds is preferred.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral; ability to influence and engage a wide range of partners, including those in the C-suite, and to build long-term relationships.
- Demonstrated success increasing revenue through strategic planning.
- Ability to construct, articulate, and implement an annual strategic sales plan.
- Strong organizational skills, high energy, and passion for BioLabs’ mission.
- Flexible style, with the ability to collaborate with team members.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic, and rapidly changing environment, and execute multiple priorities simultaneously.
BioLabs provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.